Posted August 13, 2004 by senocular
Posted August 12, 2004 by senocular
Posted August 09, 2004 by senocular
I spent maybe a couple of hours on it, though, admittedly, much of that time was also spent on IRC and chatting with others. I had planned more, but I got tired so I went to bed - you know how that goes.
Still, it's not horrible. Update: The source file is now available (made using Flash MX).
Voting will take place on blinking8s's forum.
Posted August 08, 2004 by senocular
Keep an eye out for updates and a brand spanking new look. You never know where the flaming barrel may roll to next.
Posted August 03, 2004 by senocular
Check it out
Updated: You can now save and load any number of files.
The idea behind the concept when I started it way back when was just to create a format for storing Flash drawing API commands that could be kept in a file of minimal file size. The result was the ASDRecorder class.
Posted August 02, 2004 by senocular
This simple extension does exactly that; it takes any single folder selected within the site panel and opens it in explorer for file viewing (Windows only). Files, too, can be opened in this way, though, because explorer.exe is being used to open the selection, it usually appears in IE (depending on file type). Simply select a folder (file) in the site panel and select Open site selection from the Commads menu to open it.
*Macromedia Extension Manager required to install.
Posted July 27, 2004 by senocular
See Flashpaper examples here.
Computer Weekly also has a brief article on it.
Posted July 27, 2004 by senocular
A list of changes/updates can be found here and include:
- Over 400 new code examples
- The percentage of entries with examples has grown from 43% to 98%
- Increased the amount of ActionScript documentation by 85%
- Added 21 new documentation example FLA files demonstrating common application functionality
- Fixed over 2000 documentation issues
- Added 2 new chapters about working with Components
- Rewrote 2 existing Components chapters, including styles and skinning info
- Updated Styles info for every component
Despite the vast array of improvements, Macromedia admits Flash is still not perfect and known issues are also listed. Some of which won't be addressed until the next full release of Flash. :doh:
Posted July 26, 2004 by senocular
Reviews and Approvals
Dreamweaver MX 2004 Integration
Client and Server Extensibility
and Contribute Publishing Services
More information on these can be found at the Contribute home page. itweb also has some information which can be found here.
Posted July 14, 2004 by senocular
- Update 3D tutorial (adding other methods, reorganizing current structure)
- Update Isometric tutorial (adding examples and organizing current)
- Intro to actionscript; beginners actionscript
- Collapsable XML menu (have example complete; need accompanying text)
- Preloaders (in progress approx. 75% MX, .5% MX04)
- General XML (reorganizaing & adding to whats available now from forum post)
- Extending Fireworks/Studio (in progress approx. 15%)
- Scaling, panning, interactive map (example complete, need accompanying text)
- OOP FLA examples (AS1 and/or 2)
- Using Event Dispatcher
- Components (MX? MX04?)
What should I prioritize? Is there anything else that you would like to learn - anything else that documentation seems iffy on? In other words, when I get time to work on a tutorial, what do you think I should be working on? Post in comments below. Thanks.